Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kickin' Da Beat!

Boom, chick! Boom, chick! That's what I'm talking about. Bez tracked drums Mon., Tues., and Wed.. this week. We had three different drummers contribute - Jason Levy, Bob Abott, and John Fitch. I have to hand it to these guys...they worked hard to complete the drum tracking for 11 songs over the course of 3 days. Bez had to stay late and clean up all the sweat and blood. That's what I call sacrifice.

Here's a little 411 on the drama that played out during drum tracking. It took at least 4 hours on Monday night to set up, tune, and mic the drum kit. Bob splatted the snare (goovy speak for broken). The toms wouldn't in stay in tune. Then more sadness. Bez was missing 12 patch cables. Called Gitfiddle Center - no dice. The Guitfiddle Center owner saved the day by selling from his personal stashes. Spiritual warfare in technicolor!

We’ll, this is a little gift from Bez (aka Mikhael) – it’s the world through his eyes. It’s the Bez-eye-view! Thanks Bez, I feel so much closer to you now. [sniff sniff]










Bez is pictured below with a hearty thumbs up, as he’s holding the chutzpa (holy guts). These are the patch cables I was talking about. See the pure joy in his face? That’s non-verbals for “The Lord Provides!”










Then there’s Boballoo, the drummer who loves Jesus (not that the other drummers don’t). I don’t think anyone calls him that – just me. But I like it, so I’m going with it (sorry Bob). See the intensity in his face as he wrestles with the snare drum. It’s like the ultimate fighting championship (I don’t recommend this). This epic battle is biblical in proportion - it’s like Jacob wrestling with Almighty God. In the end, Boballoo got the better of his nemesis, and he went on to lay down some sweet drum tracks. Hey Boballoo, how’s the hip?










We gotta-a-lotta love hear people. Below we have the same kit, but different drummers. In the following picture, Jason is receiving wookie-love from the Gabinator. Don’t ask me, but I’m hearing non-verbals from Jason along the lines of, “Dude, um…this is a little close, huh?”













John is pictured on the below doing the full on red-eye. I’ve always thought to myself that people look possessed when they have red-eye. This time I’m just going to assume John is possessed – but by the Holy Spirit. If you get a magnifying glass you’ll see it – it’s cool and spooky all at the same time. Holy Spirit come!

No comments:

Post a Comment